Friday, November 6, 2015

Golden Words...


I can almost imagine golden apples growing from the tree in the picture above.....which reminds me of a Proverb:  "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver." (Prov. 25.11)

We'd like to share some "fitly spoken" words that have lifted our spirits recently!
 

"I just wanted to take a minute and share how FBS has ministered to me. I just turned 17 and am a senior in high school.  For as long as I can remember, my family has had conservative music standards.  A while back, I was feeling discouraged because I  felt like I had exhausted my family’s list of "check-able" music.  Last October, your group came and performed for our harvest banquet.  Right away I knew I had found my new "go-to" album.  Your music is fresh and .....it is still conservative!!  One can easily hear your passion through just the expressiveness of your voices.  I know you guys probably get encouraging messages all the time, but I just wanted to join the rage!  Thank you!!!" 

And one more... 

"I heartily recommend FBS to any church or group to host for a concert or to purchase their music.  In this day it can be difficult to find a variety of conservative music.  FBS is not “stuck in a rut” (i.e. all their music sounds the same).  They work with a variety of writers and arrangers to produce diverse songs that are Christ honoring and spiritually minded.  These songs are not written in a conservatory, but rather produced in the trenches.  All the collaborators are in full time ministry.  [Their songs are] more of a spiritual diary that we all can identify with."  – Music Director, Wisconsin

I'm not much of a philosophizer (.....more of the flighty sort, actually), but when I read these reviews I thought, "Yes!  Precisely!  They are catching on to what we hope is a hallmark of our music ministry -- fresh, real, alive......yet still conservative!"  What a joy to read these encouragements!  Thanks to these two, and others, who've taken a moment to pen these "apples of gold" for us!

To read more recommendations & testimonials, 
visit our website.